Chocolatey Over Night Oats
My favourite go to breakfast at the moment is my chocolatey overnight oats recipe. It's beyond easy, super quick and super tasty. I throw it all together on a Sunday evening and have breakfast for the next few days ready by the time I wake up the next morning.
- 3/4 cup of rolled oats (you could use simple porridge oats too - there's really very little difference)
- 1 cup of oat milk (slightly less if you like it very thick)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbs golden syrup (or honey)
- a drop of vanilla extract
- Throw the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together before adding in the wet ingredients and giving a good stir.
- Either cover the bowl and place in fridge to plate up each day or split into three containers, cover and enjoy a yummy, hassle free breakfast!
I usually serve with banana or chopped berries on top along with some desiccated coconut.
I know its a bit more difficult to get hold of fresh ingredients at the moment so you could blend up some frozen berries instead to mix in on top.